Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Comicon promises...

It's time to start the next actual hand sculpted thingy. This one's going to be just a sculpted figure on a base. No crazy illustration. But it's going to be the most detailed realistic piece I've EVER done. This comes from something I promised myself while walking the crowded halls of Comicon last year. I passed by a both and saw this:



It was so detailed, so perfect. A master sculpted this. I wondered if I could do something like it. "No!" I said to myself. "I'm going to do this!" I promised right then and there I would do a super detailed realistic sculpture. The title of this piece is "Queen of the Dead".

Here's the first set of sketches for her:


Of course I like the top right hand one the most. The curly circle-y things atop her crown are eyeballs and coins. I want the crown to be topped with various antlers and horns. Not rams horns though. That's been done to death. I Googled 'queen of hell' and 'queen of death'. Everything that's been done is pretty lame with a few and far between exceptions. Mostly people illustrate a beautiful busty woman with some revealing black skin tight outfit and a couple of spiky accents. BAH! I say to that! BAH!

Next step is to figure out what the hell she's doing and in what pose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment